This past weekend was the day of the play, “Grease”. The play itself was great and Billy and I had a great time. He definitely looked like a true t-bird: hair greased, leather jacket, and sunglasses. I was so happy to see his smile stretch from ear to ear throughout the entire show.
Of course, like any play, there were scenes that Billy and I were not in. It just so happened that our break was right before intermission, giving us time enough time to start a movie in between scenes. Two of the twins’ favorite movies are Cars and Toy Story. Toy Story 2 was the movie of choice, favored by more students in the room.
As the menu comes up on the screen, Billy pats the seat next to him, motioning for me to sit there. In the background, the known song from Toy Story, “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” is playing.
Billy and I
I looked at Billy and really thought about what I was doing. Over the course of the entire season together, we have grown to be so close. He really does have a special place in my heart that has inspired me to work so hard. One person having so much impact in my life keeps me coming back year after year to this amazing program.
It’s times like these when I realize that Special Gifts Theatre is not about the destination, but the journey to get there. Billy and I do truly hold special places in each other’s hearts. He’s got a friend in me.

Hey Maddie,
ReplyDeleteThat's so cool that you do the Special Gifts theatre. Just from reading your blog I learned a lot about this theatre, and the great friendships you've made in it. Your blog is really easy to read and interesting.
-Austin